If you are not moisturizing your skin every day, you are missing out on some important benefits. Both men and women should use a facial moisturizer every day. Why you may be asking; your skin is your first defense against air and water pollutants, and Lifestyle such as stress, poor diet, too much sun can all increase the skins aging process. Healthy skin can also help with your circulation expressly as we get older and the skin gets thinner.
Moisturizing daily will keep your skin feeling softer, prevent dryness, and your skin will be more elastic. When using a moisturizer that has added sun screen, can protect from the harmful rays of the sun. Applying moisturizer as a base before applying makeup, will help makeup last longer and it creates a barrier against chemicals often found in most cosmetics.
Get into the habit! Start by moisturizing the same time each day as part of your routine. After a shower is a great time to moisturize; your skin is damp, and the pores are open to draw the moisturizer deep down into your skin building a healthy base. Try to remember to moisturize every time you wash your hands. Keep moisturizer in your bathroom so it is right there to remind you to use it.
There are a few things you should keep in mind before using moisturizer.
- Keep your skin clean with natural chemical free moisturizing soaps. Such as Mid-Michigan Soaps coconut oil based soaps.
- Avoid chemicals, many commercial products are chemical based and only coat your skin. These products do not research down into the skin where the moisture is needed most.
- Moisturizing products should not make your skin feel oily, heavy or make you break out. These symptoms can mean your products are harming your skin or you may have an allergy to one or more of the ingredients.
- The most expensive moisturizers are not always the best for your skin. A good moisturizer does not need more that 4 – 5 all-natural ingredients.
- It’s always a good idea to use a moisturizer that contains a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 to protect your skin from sun damage.
When it comes to your skin care, always use products that are all natural. Moisturizers made with coconut oil not only helps soften and moistens your skin, they can help treat and improve skin conditions such as acne, eczema, rashes, and psoriasis due to the antibacterial and antifungal properties of coconut oil.
Mid-Michigan Soaps delivers quality organic products that are safe for you and your entire family. Our goal is to provide both a superior customer experience and value. Check out our website for a complete line of products, home and body.